POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Realtime POV-Ray : Re: Realtime POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realtime POV-Ray
From: Jason Krah
Date: 4 Sep 1998 00:58:32
Message: <35EF6577.B5741A05@fan.net.au>
Im learning GLIDE and C and have currently got a small 3d rendering library
happenen.
My problem is lack of data, since I need to witr my own file import filter I was
considering trying to implement a simple POV importer.

If anyone would be willing to share some code, (not that I have anything anyone
would probably want in return), it could save me alot of hassle tryiong to write a
pov file parser.
(I have never wirtten anything like a this before). If anyone can help me out with
either
thoery or code.. (How do I 'Parse' a file?) it would be greatly appreciated.

When I master GLIDE, and know C well enough to venture into Windoze Apps (I
currently only program console apps due to simplicity) I hope to migrate to OpenGL.

Any advise on importing 3D data or witing a simple modleing app would be great too..

(Thanks for your time since I realise this is not an entirely POV related post.)